Interesting find on TR4A

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Interesting find on TR4A
From: Thomas Leake <tomleake@enol.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 13:36:26 -0600
I was pulling sundry components off the TR4A IRS (which is a very early car
Commision CTC 50609,  body 50196) in preparation for some body work.   When I
pulled off one of the castings for the fender mounted side marker light I
noticed a curious making.   No part number just a marking " Lucas Electrical
Engineering Sample"  The other side has a part number but does not match in a
couple other ways (original gasket replaced by something cut out of a fibrous
material)  so I don't think it is the original from the car.

Just another example of using up whatever might have been on hand on the
production line.

Another curious fetaure is there are two sets of holes on the fender for
mounting the casting they both appear to be original as both have correct
original paint.  One set of holes lines the casting up straight with the body
trim the other would cause the front to be about 1/2" lower.

Has anyone seen two holes on other 4A's.

Thanks,
Tom Leake
65 TR4A IRS