TR7-8 wheels

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR7-8 wheels
From: Ljbtvr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 20:56:15 -0400 (EDT)
Keith Ickes writes:

>Victoria British carries a 15 x 7 inch 5 spoke alloy wheel for the TR7 and
TR8.
>Presumably this wheel has a 4 x 3.75 bolt pattern. Does anyone know what
>company makes the wheel and what model it is?  VB wants $330 each for the
>wheels which seems quite high and I wonder if some of the discount wheel
places >might have the same thing for a whole lot less.

For my GT6 I have two Panasports in 14 x 6 alloys with the 4 x 3-3/4 bolt
pattern (TR7-8, Spitfire, GT6, Herald, Vitesse, Lotus, etc.).  They look like
Minilites, but are nowhere near as light as the real Minilites I have.  When
I bought them they were available in 15 inch too.  I think I got them from
TRF for about $175.  They make changing overall final drive ratio easier when
changing from autocrossing to hillclimb to flat track.

Larry Bickel
ljbtvr@aol.com
Lancaster, PA
'68 GT6, my sleeping racer
'71 TVR 2500, my street car and sometimes racer
'85 Dodge Van
'83 Chevy S10
'80 Yamaha 650