RE: Visual web resource

To: "'Adam Turner'" <turner@public.se>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Visual web resource
From: "Johnston, Leif" <leifj@proxicom.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 12:06:28 -0400
Actually Adam, I was thinking of a different approach that is fairly
labor intensive on the front and then much simpler.

If a resource for say a TR4 (since that is the object of my struggles)
was fully documented in a series of drill down images(using image mapped
gif diagrams or 3d stuff in macromedia) all parts could be located and
then their functions, disgnostics etc could be stored in an associated
database.  Variations on the statndards could be coupled with the
baslein docuement by input from a group of owners.  The result would be
a full hypermedia interactive maintenance manaual.  I did somthing
similar for a Government client seeking to phase out books.

So to use this tool you could click on the TR4 picture, open the hood,
lick on the battery ans find that it is 12 volt positve ground as
shipped with screw in terminals but common changes have included
aftermarket terminals and change to negative ground.  You could click on
the solenoid and see it and understand the little push button. Or on the
stock carbs and see the variations, etc.

It would be a neat project if and anyone would be interested in helping
let me know.

Leif
'62 TR4