Re: Brake Fittings

To: David M Brock <dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca>
Subject: Re: Brake Fittings
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 13:20:31 +0600 (EDT)
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, David M Brock wrote:

> Also, it's a '73 Spitfire, and the supplier told me that the lines that go
> from the flex hose to the cylinder were 18" long.  The ones I took off
> were only 11-12", and they made it all the way around the inside of the
> hub, the way they're supposed to.  Are the guy's inches smaller than mine,
> or did I have the wrong part on to begin with???

Is your car really a 1973? ;-) More important, does it have the correct
(longer) rear axles? On the pre-1973 Spitfires, the flexible hose goes
directly to the wheel cylinder. On the 1973-on cars, the hose goes to a
bracket on the backing plate, and a steel pipe then feeds to the wheel
cylinder. I believe that would account for the difference in lengths.

--Andy