fuses blown when engaging overdrive switch

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: fuses blown when engaging overdrive switch
From: Edward Theunissen <edward.theunissen@tip.nl>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 22:34:41 +0200
When I engage the overdrive switch fuse number three (taking care of wiper
motor, direction indicators, temp and fuel gauges) is blown. The last time
it happened when using the overdrive in third gear, the first time I don't
know if it was third or fourth gear. Could it be that, because the overdrive
is an add-on, the original 35 amp fuse is not enough? In that case, what
would be a good amount (40, 45?)?
Any other suggestions about what might be wrong are very much welcome.

Edward Theunissen, The Netherlands
E-mail: edward.theunissen@tip.nl

2000 MkII. Dutch plate: RR-JR-69 (since last tuesday!), UK plate: PPP 177L
Herald 13/60. Under restoration, UK plate: LJY 663H