Re: TR6 top folding instructions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 top folding instructions
From: dynamic@transport.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 21:12:00 +0100
Brian:

With the top up, open each latch under the header rail.  Then unsnap the
six snaps under the quarter windows.  Then separate the velcro strips
running along the tops of the side windows.  You'll have to unsnap the
(five, I believe) snaps inside above the rear window.  Now, (on the
outside) grab the header rail in the middle with one hand, and the flap
above the rear window with the other.  Lift both, pulling the vinyl away
from the top frame as it collapses.  Now the vinyl should all be lying flat
on the rear deck, with the quarter windows sticking out to the sides.  the
only place the vinyl is attached to the frame now is at the header rail,
which is now stowed.  Now lift the vinyl up and fold it forward over the
top frame.  Now, the quarter windows are still sticking out to the sides,
but the rear window is facing up, right above the stowed top frame.  Now
fold each quarter window panel in over the rear window.  (I put a soft
towel on top of the rear window at this point, just for good measure,
before folding the quarter windows in on top of it.)  Now you can button up
your top boot.

Hope this helps!

Pete Chadwell

1973 TR6