Stomberg CD4 flooding

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stomberg CD4 flooding
From: Glenn Bowley <gbowley@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:22:49 -0400
Hello all!
I recemtly purchased a '75 Spitfire and am enjoying the car very much.
My only serious problem is that the car floods ocasionally when I park
it. By removing the air cleaner,(car is not running) I can see that the
fuel is weeping out from a small orifice in front of the needle jet,
(not the needle jet itself). If I squeeze the rubber fuel line, I can
increase the flow. The carb seems to only drain for a little while after
the car is shut off, Otherwise the car runs fine.

Is this a float level problem, or just crud stuck in the float valve, or
even fuel percolation due to high temperatures?

What is the small orifice for that the fuel is leaking from? (vacuum
generation?)

Any similar experiences from anybody?
Thanks!
Glenn