Shock link bushes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Shock link bushes
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:03:52 -0400 (EDT)
In rebuilding my suspension, I am considering using poly/nylon bushings on
the rear shock links instead of the rubber ones.  I have replaced all
other rubber bushings (front and rear) with poly/nylon.

Does anyone have experience with poly/nylon bushings on the rear shock
links in terms of the life of the shock link?  I imagine these bushings
will increase the stress on the rubber part of the link that holds the
connecting shaft that goes into the shock arm.  This is the part of the
link that always gets loose over time and is the reason why most people
replace the link.

Also, does changing to 20W fork oil in the rear lever shocks make a
difference in ride, control, and life of the shock?

Was at Mosport on the weekend - a very enjoyable vintage race, with two
nice TR4's competing.

Robert Carley
73TR6