TR-4 SU Tuning Troubles

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-4 SU Tuning Troubles
From: daverne@dlcwest.com (Doug Daverne)
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 14:35:10 -0600
Hi List,

I'm in the midst of tuning the SU's on my TR-4 and have run into trouble.
The rear carb appears to need a very rich setting based on the engine dying
when the piston is lifted.  The front carb has liquid fuel visible in it and
there is no response when it's piston is lifted.  This condition appears to
have developed part way through the tuning process.  These carbs have just
been rebuilt and are being commisioned for the first time.  The engine was
running reasonably well last year with TR-6 carbs (although both had fuel
leaks).

Any suggestions as to where the problem may be originating?  Float setting
problems perhaps?

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated (particularly today).

Thanks in advance,

Doug Daverne

1961 TR-4