Re: Triumph Color

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Triumph Color
From: "John T. Nichols" <jtnichol@m4.sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 18:39:14 -0400
zaphodd wrote:

> Pardon me if this has been gone over before,  but what is the "official"
> triumph color? Ferrari has red, Mercedes silver, etc... .
> It's probably white, but my vote is for yellow. I have yet to see a Triumph
> that is not stunning in yellow. Maybe each car has it's own color?
>
> Francis Dupuis
> 77 Spit, yellow (go figure)
Zaphodd,

Silver painted Mercedes are actually painted in the national racing
color for Germany and red Ferraris are in the national racing color of
Italy. If Triumphs are to have 'their color' it is British Racing Green
preferably the dark version--the light version is hideous. The USA
national racing color is white with two blue stripes down the center
line of the car front to back. The rise of advertising in the '70s and
later on racing cars led to the demise of national racing colors--
although the McLaren-Mercedes F1 cars are predominantly silver in honor
of the german engine. So silver for BMWs, Audis, VWs, etc. Red for
Maseratis, Alfas, Fiats, etc. Blue for Renaults, Peugeots, Bugattis,
etc. I forget the rest.

JTN
'58 TR3A TS32093L 'O'
'86 TVR 280i