Re: TR3A wiper motor and drive cable

To: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: Re: TR3A wiper motor and drive cable
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 08:47:04 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Angelo Graham wrote:

> Trying to remove the wiper motor from the engine compartment to prepare for
> painting and thought that the drive cable just screwed into the motor.
> Little more complicated than I first noticed.  Anybody had recent
> experience with removing the motor/cable assembly?  Tried to get at the
> wiper drive boxes to remove the cable from the wiper end, but can't really
> see how the cable attaches.  Any hints?

Angelo,

Assuming you have the same setup as my '3B, it is really quite simple.
Remove the long plate from the top of the wiper motor gearbox. Remove
the circlip and the little copper celectric contact and lift the drive
gear. This will release the drive cable. Unscrew the nut that holds the
drive cable to the wiper motor gearbox and lift the fitting on the end
of the drive cable tube to disengage it from it's home at the end of the
gearbox.   Then do the obvious to remove the motor.

No need to mess with the wheelboxes. To remove the drive cable, remove
the wiper arms. The cable will pull right out.

Have fun!
--
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/