Re: A fix for that gap in window trim

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: A fix for that gap in window trim
From: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 19:34:31 -0600
Cc: bschwartz@encad.com
> From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
> Subject: A fix for that gap in window trim -
>
> I've had that nagging problem of the chrome plastic window trim on my GT6+
> hatch window shrinking and creating a large gap that the little clip could
> no longer cover.  This does not seem to be a problem on the front
> windscreen, hummm.  Anyhow, this was quite annoying, besides being quite
> unsightly, and I really didn't want to replace the trim number 1, because
> it's such a pain and number 2, because it would eventually do it all over
> again!  I was hoping to just get a longer clip but none were available.  So
> I purchased another (2) little clip(s) and butted it right up against the
> other one, centering the very small seam in the center of the car.  While
> not concours, it certianly looks MUCH better.

Barry, the trim on the rear window seems to shrink more
probably because it's more horizontal than the front and
gets more exposure to the sun.  I also put two clips on
the rear of my GT6 and it worked for a while but now the
gap is too big.  The only solution is to fit a short piece
of trim in the gap and install a clip at both ends.  I
remember having a few inches of trim left over when I
replaced mine several years ago but, of course, I tossed
it when I moved.  Maybe one of us GT6 owners should invest
in a piece of trim and sell short pieces to the rest of us
since it seems to be a common problem.  Anybody want to
take this on?  Maybe I will do it if there is enough
interest for me to break even.  Please email me directly
if interested or if you have a piece of trim you can
cut up for the rest of us.  Thanks in advance.
Dave Fain

PS: As for M**t*'s, I think that if GB was building a
moderately priced sports car today, it would probably
be very similar to the M**t*.  Personally, I think it
would be way cool to have one with a license plate
that sez ROTUS.  And as for seeing them with tops down,
most of the ones I see around Denver are topless on
nice days. IMHO they fill the niche occupied by the
Spitfire and MGB in their day and I would not rule
out owning one in the future.