Monza header noise?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Monza header noise?
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 5 Jun 97 8:20:17
I just installed a Monza header in my Spit.  From this experience, I have
learned
several things.

1)  Putting in a header can be a b*tch.
2)  My hair gets really dirty when I spend a long time on the garage floor.

More importantly, I have noticed a distinctly different sound from the header,
a sort of (for lack of a better description), ªpiffingª noise coming from it.
It is as
though I can now almost hear the exhaust bursts hitting the back of the header
tubes, making a slightly metallic noise as they do.  Is this normal?  To me, it
stands
to reason, as the indidual header pipes are less dense than the stock
manifold (you know, that big old thing you could throw through a prison wall).
suppose the stock manifold has a deadening effect not provided by the Monza
header.  And I am still deciding if I can get used to this new sound (!)

--
Martin Secrest