Nylock Fasteners

To: "'TR8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu'" <TR8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Nylock Fasteners
From: David Benner <benner@netusa1.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 19:21:12 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Greetings:
 The PO of my 79 TR7 gave me a box of parts with the car when I bought it in
April,one of the parts are a set of lower ball-joints that the car needs soon.
The parts carry a Vicky-Brit part # that is current in the current catalog.
 My question is about the nuts to hold them on at the top. The book(catalog and
manual) show a castellated nut a washer and a cotter pin to retain the part.
The set that I have has a nylock nut, no washer and no cotter pin.
 Does anyone have any experience using these type of fasteners on suspension
parts, and is it a typical application?
 Any insight into this situation will be appreciated.

Dave Benner 1979 TR7 dhc