Worn wiper shaft/thread

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Worn wiper shaft/thread
From: richard bacon <rick@vir.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 13:09:45 -0400 (edt)
The threads on the wiper shaft on my TR6 are stripped. I know that they are
made of soft metal (aluminium?) Anybody had experience in using a die to
redo the threads? What size is it? I sure would like to save them as
replacement are quite expensive...

I also need some advice on how to return the passenger side wheelbox in its
right position, it seems it skipped a tooth and is now "angled".

Has anybody re-veneered their dashboards with succesful results?

Thanks!

rick
1972 TR6 in the paint shop! Wow! that Pimento red...
1990 Acura Integra (clearcoat still in great shape ...)