Re: Whats a 'sportscar'????

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Whats a 'sportscar'????
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 23:43:21 -0700
Johnny Storm: International racing car driver wrote:

> I reckon a sports car is one that doesn't necessarily have a monster power
> output or handle perfectly, but feels like you're going for it whenever
> you go out. Noise,draughts (not chess), and a whiff of fuel are all of
> vital importance. It's also got to stand out, Q-cars lose their appeal,
> also in a 'sports-car' if you get whipped you can say that you weren't
> trying!
>
> British hairdresser week (BHW) started yesterday in North wales. In
> betws-y-coed I saw 2 escort cabrios (usual trim sir), an astra cabrio
> (more off the back perhaps) and a bmw 320i cabrio with white scottie dog
> (hmm, i think highlights are what you need).

Folks, I really think, at this upcoming VTR national, we all take up a
collection to provide Johnny Storm (International racing car driver)
air-fare to the next year's VTR national, just to provide local color.
<big grin>. We could also probably manage a few bucks for half-fare for
Richard Jackson, too, but that's because he's closer to normal.... <g>

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....