RE: bummer paint

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: bummer paint
From: gi <gi@aros.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 23:47:47 +0000
Cc: tr3run@peachnet.campus.mci.net
Doug:
I have a charcoal gray S-10 Blazer.  There are parts of the clear coat
that are oxidized beyond repair.  I recently looked into repainting it
and I learned a little about gray and silver paints.  Basically gray
paint has the shortest lifespan of any color.  Something about the
metallic flakes in the paint and the effects of the sun on them. Even
the best clear coats can't help.
On ther other hand some car manufacturers have been known to have
problems with certain colors during certain years.  It's always a
gamble.
I guess the lesson here is if you love your car don't paint it gray!
Also, make sure your LBC is painted by a reputable shop.

Nick
77 TR-7