Re: Dick Burger

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Dick Burger
From: Keith Ehrlich <75452.105@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 30 May 97 17:16:45 EDT
I've had recent dealings with Dick ( British Parts Connection)  and I think he's
terrific. Prices are well below normal retail and in many cases below initial
tier distributor pricing. In cases I've seen, he beats sale prices as well. The
goods are shipped directly to you, and the vendor bills him, so you pay Dick.
He does all the legwork on backorder follow-up and will take lots of time to
help resolve problems, select parts correctly, etc.. There were several
backordered items in my somewhat extensive order, but in the end everything
arrived with little effort on my part. Some differences exist in shipping rate
cutoffs as the vendors don't have retail profit to cover as much shipping costs,
but not a lot different.  Returns are handled through him and the warranty
passes through to you from the vendor.

 It's kind of like dealing with a good  desk person at the distributors except
he has a real vested interest in customer service-his own profits.  The one
thing you need to know is that his vendor of choice seems to be Moss at the
moment with Vicky Brit as backup. TRF doesn't seem to be playing his system
presently.   If you don't like Moss products for some reason, then Dick is
probably not your man. So far I'm happy with the product and the service.

BTW, Dick prefers you access initially through the net site, though he is
available by phone and fax as well, all listed I believe at his web page site.

I have no vested interest etc etc.

Keith Ehrlich
74 TR6 CF21812U ( or do all those new parts make is really a '97? *groan*)