Re: phony sportscars revisited

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: phony sportscars revisited
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Thu, 29 May 97 09:49:43 PDT
Berry Kercheval wrote:
        > Many racing cars these days have automatic transmissions
        > or at least semi-automatic.

Dont forget the Acura NSX and Corvette C5 with "drive by wire" technology,
clearly an emerging trend in automotive technology and will probably
be standard across the board in 10 years.  Blimey, in 2007 that makes
Mi*tas and B*W Z3s "old sports cars from last century".

        > Oooh, now we get the "what's a 'real' sports car" thread!

Geeze, thanks Berry, and I was hoping for a quiet day.
Real sports cars leak oil (wheres Greg Petrolati when you need him most?)

        Shane Ingate, getting back to work, in San Diego