Leaking Carburetors - TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Leaking Carburetors - TR6
From: TSFORES@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 23:05:15 -0400 (EDT)
I recently purchased a 1974 TR6.  It is equipped with two Zenith-Stromberg
175 CD-2 carburetors.  Fuel is leaking from the connections on the
carburetors.  The car has been stored for the past 8 years.  The car has
95,000 original miles.  What should be my procedure with the carburetors.
 Should they be rebuilt, or just well cleaned and new fuel lines and vacuum
hoses installed?  I was given a Haynes manual on the Triumph, but it only
references the Stromberg 150CD carburetor.  Are the 175 CD-2 carburetors
original equipment, and are the repair and maintenance the same as the 150CD?
 If not, where can I get a manual on the 175 CD-2 carburetor?