Brake Hoses

To: Jack Brooks <brooks@belcotech.com>
Subject: Brake Hoses
From: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 28 May 97 09:07:04 EDT
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
        Jack,

        I installed a set of stainless steel/teflon lines on my TR-250 last
month
to replace my leaky factory rubber hoses. I got the set of 4 from Moss for about
$90, which is just slightly more than what 4 rubber hoses would have cost. They
arrived with all the necessary copper fittings, and fit perfectly. They were
made in the UK.

        The brake pedal feels hard as a rock, and offers a very gratifying and
precise feedback when doing the semi-lame country driving that accounts for most
of my TR use. Whether that has anything to do with the hoses or not, I can't
say, since I've owned the car only since Feb and I don't know when the brakes
were last bled. The hoses sure do look cool though, and they don't leak.

        One thing to consider: although Moss' ad claimed these were "legal in
all
50 states", this fact is not documented in the installation instructions, and
the hoses do not bear the required "DOT approved" labeling. The VA vehicle
inspection is fairly thorough, and the mechanic groused about them (but passed
me). Caveat Emptor.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic