Re: brake bleeding, which wheel goes first.

To: robert ylitalo <robert.ylitalo@kiruna.se>
Subject: Re: brake bleeding, which wheel goes first.
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 22:05:20 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
robert ylitalo wrote:

 Before sending it to a paint job i tried bleeding it
> as the manual says but i did not think the result was perfect.

This won't exactly answer your question (I have no fixed routine for
bleeding the brakes, I just do it as it comes), but it's a good brake
bleeding tip:

If you've bled the brakes thoroughly, but still have some air in the
system (slight sponginess, need to pump the pedal before full pressure),
try removing the filler cap on the master cylinder, then pumping the
pedal until it is firm. Now brace the pedal with a plank of wood (or
whatever comes to hand) against the seat or any fixed point in the car.
Leave for several hours (overnight in my case), and the air miraculously
finds its own way back to the master cylinder and out. This really does
work.
                Bill