Diff Pinion Seal

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Diff Pinion Seal
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 97 8:40:52 -0400
Hey All,

        OK I looked at my new diff pinion seal, and indeed I do have one still
in my diff.  It is a pretty big sucker.  You all must has been laughing
at my questions about wether or not I had one in the diff.  OK, stop
laughing, I have more questions.

        I can see that I remove the pinion seal without having to remove any of
the diff innerds.  However, the pinion seal is a tight fit to the diff
case, and there is no room between the pinion gear and the seal to get a
gear puller in there.  How does one remove this thing!  I am thinking of
using clippers to cut away a section of the seal so that I can then bend
it a bit ant get it to give way.  I'm also thinking that some use of a
torch might be helpful.  Suggestions?

        Also, I trying to free the diff-drive shaft yokes with a gear puller.
As the list had suggested no luck.  What exactly does a machine-shop
charge to use a press to free these puppies and what do I do to put them
back together.

Later,
JHD IV