TR4 cam

To: ashleys@es.co.nz
Subject: TR4 cam
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 12:48:47 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Ashley --

You may have already received answers to your questions, since I am
behind in reading the mail, but here's my input anyway.

Several of us are running a cam similar to this in our TR4 vintage
racers. Yours is only somewhat milder than mine, and mine is not as wild
as the wildest being run in race cars. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being stock
and 10 being wildest being run, yours may be a 4 or 5. You won't have an
increase of HP at 1000 to 2500 rpm but it will will come in with a bang
at about 3000.

This cam will work fine in a street car. You will experience a somewhat
rougher idle, as with any cam that is wilder than stock.

I do not have experience with the different ratio rockers, but the flow
bench tells us with certainty that these engines really like valve lift.

I do not have references for complete books, but I do have a photocopy
of a magazine article written by Iskenderian Cams. It is quite good as
far as explanation of timing the cam upon installation. If youlaould
like me to send you a copy, send me your address and I'll be gald to do
so.

By the way, what is your source for rockers? I'm very interested, since
getting adequate lift just with the camshaft destroys cams and lifters.
The rockers may be the way to go.