RE: GT6+

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: GT6+
From: burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us (Jane Burdekin)
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 09:41:33 -0700
>Roger wrote:
>>1)  Any idea on the proper paint to repaint the wiper motor.  What is
>>left of the original is about like what is on my bench grinder -
>>seems to have some texture to it.
>
>I believe what you are looking for is Hammertone paint. You can get it from
>Eastwood or I get it locally from Stripling and Blake Hardware.
>The color is Silver Gray.
>
>>2)  A couple of months ago there was a discussion of transmission
>>covers.  Someone indicated that they had used the original with a
>>fiberglass coating instead of a new fiberglass one.  Did you just use
>>a fiberglass repair kit from the local auto store?  Any suggestions
>>for some one that has neve used fiberglass?
>
>My suggestion to someone who has never worked with glass is to just buy a
>new one. Getting the shape you want out of oil soaked (usually) fiberboard
>is not the easiest thing to accomplish. Especially if you are not familiar
>with the materials. I worked at Ron Moores Reef (ULDB boat factory) in Santa
>Cruz , CA back in the early 80's. and I would not mess with it. You will
>find your materials and time will be close to the price of a new one.
>
>Good Luck,
>Richard Ceraldi
>71 GT6 MKIII KF166L (looking good for Cowtown)
>71 Spitfire MKIV FK9365L (primed and waiting for paint)
>Austin, Tx
>www.exact.com/~gt6mk3

I got the new transmission cover from VB last year, some where between 25 &
50 $$, only problem, it was pink.  I painted it black and am very happy
with it.  It cut down the heat inside the car considerable.  Be sure to get
the U-shaped gasket with your order (sold separately of course).  They
didn't seem to have the one that goes around the rest of it, some foam
weatherstripping worked for me.  Good luck.

Jane
'67 GT6