Re: TR4 Model Kit

To: Kurt Oblinger <c394829@is6.mdc.com>, R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 Model Kit
From: "Douglas Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 09:19:19 -0400 "Re: TR4 Model Kit" (May 22, 7:02am)
> Subject: Re: TR4 Model Kit
> On May 21,  6:25pm, Kurt Oblinger wrote:
> > Dropped in my favorite model shop the other day and they had a TR4 in
> > 1/32 scale by Airfix.
>
> Maybe you all know about this one already, but I received a TR-3A
> model as a present yesterday.  It is made by Kyosho, I think, and
> is about 5 or 6 inches long (maybe 1/18 scale?).  I'm not really
> a model expert, but the detail impressed me:  the doors, bonnet
> and boot all open, the wheels turn and steer, and the steering
> wheel even steers the wheels.  The detailing in the engine bay
> is quite nice.  Since it was a present, I have no idea what it
> cost, I'm afraid.
>

> John Lye
>
> rjl6n@virginia.EDU
> http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm
>-- End of excerpt from R John Lye

To all:

I have been meaning to send this off to the list for some time now.
Unfortunately, I don't have all the information here at work.

Ivan Love from the Lansing, Michigan area is selling TR-3 models. He
has them in several colours. They are 1/18 scale, and are quite good.
I will post Ivan's address and telephone number tonight. His price is
around $60 (please don't quote me, I am going from memory). I will
include all details later.

Doug Mitchell