Clutch master cylinder

To: "8" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Clutch master cylinder
From: "STU-JO" <STU-JO@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 12:54:27 -0400
Cc: "tri" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I just rebuilt my clutch master cylinder on the 8, and now I have a
problem.
I cannot get the thing to pump any fluid, not even with the pipe
disconnected
can I get anything out! I was careful to put the seal in the correct way as
per book, and I have done my 3 and 6 before with no problems.

Any suggestions welcome!

This has been one of those simple jobs where everything went wrong.The
initial problem was trouble engaging reverse. I started off rebuilding the
slave cylinder, removing the shim to get a little more travel, and that
improved nothing, so I did the MC. This is where the fun started.I noticed
the holes in the yoke were elongated so I drilled them out next size up,
then found I couldn't get a drill down to the clutch pedal. So I started
tapping the hole instead. Then I broke off the tap flush with the pedal! So
then I had to stand on my head and remove the whole damned pedal box. Got
it in at 11.30  last night.
Started again this morning, reinstalled MC and then nothing happened!

Now my back is killing me and I have a plane to catch, back on Thursday,
look forward to sympathy and helpful hints! Have a great holiday.

Stu-Jo@prodigy.net

74 TR6, 80 TR8 in Delaware (Dela where?).