TR6 and new "super" plugs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 and new "super" plugs
From: "Lars G. Johnsen" <lars.johnsen@lili.uib.no>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 15:58:00 +0200
Just wanted to tell you about my latest plug change, don't recall having
read about these, so here is a short report.

After having problems with the ignition on my TR6, I found that things
improved after I went over the plugs. So to improve matters further a
new set were bought. Went for the new plugs made by Bosch which have
four arms pointing to the electrode (or vice versa, my terminology isn't
permanently installed but you know what I mean).

The initial impression is very very good. Almost all of the hesitation
and splutter from the engine is gone. Now there is only an occasional
nudge from the enginge below 2000 (coil problem?). But maybe the best
thing with these plugs is that they need no adjustment, no gap that
needs checking (the second gap removed, Lumenition electr.ignition took
care of the points gap earlier this spring). So one more fault finding
check point cleared from the path towards a good running engine :-). I
don't know of course, how the plugs will function after hundreds of
miles.

Know that there are other new and improved plug designs out on the
market: anyone had any experience with those?

Best, Lars TR6 '74.5 #CF27324UO

--
Lars G. Johnsen              |  Lars.Johnsen@lili.uib.no
Language Technology Project  |  tlf: +47 55 58 94 61