Side lights

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Side lights
From: "PAUL LOGUE" <GPAULOGUE@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 97 04:32:29 UT
Several weeks ago, I ask about the availability of side light "mounts" for my
77 Spit.  Not  much luck anywhere until the British Car Show in ATL two weeks
ago.  I took one of the old ones with me thinking I could at least get some
used ones at the show.  Unfortunately, many great looking cars, but no "flea
market " parts for my Spit.  There was an MG  parts display.....The 'B' Hive
from Clemson, SC.  I ask Gordon Strickland about my mount.  He told me that
the side light mount from a Midget would work.  Not quite as thick, he said,
but all the parts will fit in the mount and it will line up with the holes in
the fenders.  I checked one of the Midgets on display and it looked good.
When I got home, I checked the Moss catalogue and there it was...side mount
for a Midget.......picture and all.  I ordered one to try .....it works
great.....I have ordered three more ($9.95ea).  Guess what?  they both have
the same Lucas part number!

By the way, the show was great.  What a place to have a show......The Winery
near Road Atlanta.  What a beautiful setting on a beautiful day.  There was a
green 76 Spit there....Owner works at Delta.... If someone knows his name,
please let me have it.

Regards,

Paul Logue
77 Spit Restoration(2/3 done)