TR 4 Cam Timing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR 4 Cam Timing
From: Ashley Southgate <ashleys@es.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 May 97 21:20 GMT+1200
Can anyone that knows cam timing help we with this new grind that i have
Valve lash adjustment;inlet 012" exhaust 014"
Degrees duration     ; "    264"   "     264"
lift            inlet at cam 292"  at valve 438"
exhaust at cam 292" at valve 438"
timing at 012" cam lift
inlet open 26btdc closes 58abdc
ex    open62 bbdc closes 22 atdc                                        note
inlet fully open 106 atdc
lobe centres  108
camlift timing at 050"
220 inlet opens 4 btdc,close 36abdc
220 ex opens 40 bbdc close 0 tdc                                         I
can see that lift at cam 292 X 1.5 rocker = 438
at valve,question can a 1.61 rocker ratio be of any
value. From what i have given given that a standard
TR4 cam is one & a fully racing TR motor is 10 where
does my cam fit in,ie is it around say four. I believe
the cam grind is years old,i think it is known as the
Avenger grind.Question is this grind suitable for a
fast road TR3b & suitable for getting away at traffic
lights & town running.I would be greatful if someone can
give me some answers on this TR 4 cam grind,& maybe
knows of a good ref book on cam understanding.
Cheers from Ashley.

best wishes Ashley

Ashley Southgate
Otaio RD 1                             Internet    ashley@es.co.nz
TIMARU
NEW ZEALND
1965 TR4 ex Hawaii
1965 TR4A ex USA
1966 TR4A ex England one owner
1967 TR250 ex junk USA
1973 TR6 ex NZ
1961 TR3B ex USA
Velocette Motor Bikes 1948 to 1961. 4 models,250,350,500cc
1965 British 360cc Greeves scrambler {2 stroke}