FW: TR3 Head?

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: TR3 Head?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 12:35:20 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [tallen
<tallen@csc.sctboces.org>]]

     Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 23:33:58 -0400 (EDT)
     From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
     Subject: TR3 Head?

Hello,

May I begin by apologizing for showing my face here, as I'm not a member
of this list, but I am of the MG list.  But if we can put our differences
aside for a moment, I have an e-mail impaired friend who could use some
help.  Feel free to insert smileys anywhere above :-).

Last October I showed him a '60 TR3 for sale from the same guy I bought my
MGA from.  He bought it and is just now getting around to getting it
checked out, inspected, etc. (He's ahead of me with my A actually).
Anyway, it seems the car has a TR3B or TR4 head on it (is this a 2.2 liter
engine as opposed to his 2.0?)  The head doesn't mate properly with the
manifold, and there are vacuum leaks, rich running, rough idle, etc.  What
are his options?  Can this head be made to work?  Could he get a used
head?  Swap the manifold?  Anybody got parts lying around we could deal
for?  Again, I'm not on this list, so please e-mail me directly, and
thanks for helping in advance,

Tom

Friend with '60 TR3