TR-3A - Front motor mount mid-installation question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-3A - Front motor mount mid-installation question
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@sj.znet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 11:40:53 -0700 (PDT)
  My mechanic friend has just put new motor mounts in place on my TR-3A.
The the Roadster Factory kit came with one large (3/8"?) and one 1/4" bolt
to the frame (even though the holes in frame and mount are both sized for
the larger bolt.  The large bolt evidently screws into one threaded hole in
the frame.  The other hole isn't threaded.
  The mechanic found large bolts in both holes when he took the old mounts
out and used them when putting the new mounts in.
  So, the question is why TRF sent small bolts with the kit and why they
might be appropriate.  Any ideas?
  Thanks.
John

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus articles, article outlines and Left/Progressive links at:
           http://sj.znet.com/~jfcowan/