Fitting a plastic brake fluid reservoir

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fitting a plastic brake fluid reservoir
From: Edward Theunissen <edward.theunissen@tip.nl>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 20:27:09 +0200
A while ago I asked a question on plastic fluid reservoir (mentioned below).

I found the following solution:
put a tiny plastic reservoir (approx. 5 centimers/2 inches high
and 1 inch wide) on top of the metal reservoir. It is accepted within Dutch
regulations.

>Dutch regulations demands that the amount of brake fluid can easily be
measured.
>A possibility is fitting a plastic reservoir, however my limited knowledge
says that
>this can only be done by draining the brake system, removing the metal
reservoir, etcetera.

>Are there other possibilities, or is there an easy trick to fit the
>plastic reservoir without draining the brake fluid (it's for the saloon)?

Edward Theunissen,
Westvest 31 Schiedam
The Netherlands
E-mail: edward.theunissen@tip.nl