Mixture on ZS carbs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mixture on ZS carbs
From: Damian Penney <dpenney@fortpt.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 10:21:09 -0700
Hi,
how do you adjust the mixture correctly on a pair of twin ZS carbs. When
I used to have the choke out it would idle at ~2000rpm but performance
would be great, so I guessed I needed a richer mixture. I played about
with the mixture adjustment screws to little avail, I couldn't seem to
get it to the point where revs would rise when I lifted the piston,
every time I tried the engine coughed, spluttered and almost died.
Somebody told me that the Gunsons color-tune doesn't work with our
re-formulated gas, is this true ?

So what I need is a nice step by step guide to tuning ZS', thanks a lot.
I messed around a bit and now it seems to be missing, the engine note is
more of a put put now, I adjusted the carbs and altered the timing. Help
:)

Damian Penney
Developer
Fort Point Partners