Knocking Sound

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, stag@mailgate.wizvax.net
Subject: Knocking Sound
From: Daniel Pruzan <dpruzan@nearinc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 14:29:41 -0400
Hello All,

I may have a big problem.  Recently I have started hearing a knocking
sound coming from the engine in my 71 Stag.  The noise only lasts for a
few seconds and only happens when I first start the engine in the
morning, but does not happen every morning.  The oil pressure is fine,
performance is fine, and I never hear the noise after that even under
hard acceleration.  The engine only has a few thousand miles on it since
a major rebuild and I am hoping it is not a lower end bearing.  Any ideas
would be appreciated.  Also, does anybody know if the oil pan can be
dropped while the engine is in the car?  Thanks

Dan Pruzan
71 Stag
Santa Clara, CA