Re" Spitfire/GT6 master cylinders

To: burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us
Subject: Re" Spitfire/GT6 master cylinders
From: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 07:40:50 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Stuff about installing rubber dust excluders on Spitfire/GT6
master cylinders deleted........

>I would be interested in this answer too, I am missing the rubber dust
>cover for the clutch.  BTW, where did you find the part?

Jane, I got my last one from VB.  I didn't have as much
trouble as I remembered installing them.  Maybe I was
in a better mood this time.  Maybe the stars were right.
Maybe it was because I had my aura adjusted and sacrificed
a chicken?

Seriously....remove the cotter pin and disconnect
the linkage from the MC.  Slip the new boot onto the MC,
being careful that it doesn't hang and fold under on the
lower part where you can't see it.  Reinstall the pin
into the linkage.  The trick is to get the part of the boot
toward the rear of the car to slip into the groove
first.  Take a long narrow screwdriver and work the sides
sort of into place.  Do the part toward the front of the
car last.  You have to press it back quite a way to get it
to pop in.  Now, crawl under the dash with a flashlight and
use that long screwdriver to lever the boot the rest of the
way into place.  If it's positioned right, putting the
screwdriver between the clutch or brake lever and the boot
will make the boot pop the rest of the way into place.

The GT6 is back on the road.  Drove it to work yesterday,
snuck out for a quick blast down C-470 after lunch and
plan to drive it the rest of the week.  Don't forget the
RMTC Spring Car Show in Golden this Sunday.  No admission
for spectators, $2 entry fee for non-member Triumphs
(applicable toward membership fee).  The town of Golden
is blocking off the street next to Parfet Park for us.
The show runs from 10AM to 2PM but be there by 9:30 if
you want to show your car.  Yeah, the posters say 8:00
to 2:00.  Start without me.
Dave Fain