Re: Russet Brown TR6 = BRG

To: rgk@flash.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Russet Brown TR6 = BRG
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 08:56:09 -0400 (EDT)

>  I received my Heritage certificate for the Russet Brown '76 today, and
>  guess what,  BMIHT agrees with the original sticker that the car is
British
>  Racing Green!

What "sticker"?

> Too bad the car doesn't agree (or it's ID plate).

How doesn't the car agree?  What does the plate say exactly?

> This is the first I've heard of a BMIHT record being wrong. When it comes
time to
>  fix the hail dents, I'll be hard pressed not to paint it BRG, after all
who
>  would believe I chose to paint it brown when the sticker says BRG? The
>  certificate also says it came with a black soft top, bummer!

With what top did it come?   Are you sure that some DPO didn't change the "ID
plate" - that's easy to do - or paint it Russet?  What about your engine and
body numbers - do they agree with the certificate?  How about options listed
on the certificate?  Reason I ask all this is that I have never heard of the
BMIHT being wrong either.

Art Kelly '64TR4 CT33118L (original owner)