HOT TR3 with fast idle

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: HOT TR3 with fast idle
From: oehrle@lsil.com (Gary Oehrle)
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 18:53:42 -0700
I have noticed two issues and would like to know if any
else has dealth with the same and how.

first,

     MY TR3 does not always idle down when comming to a stop.
     if I "rap" the accelator pedal it will drop after maybe two tries.

     The only thing I can figure, is that things are still tight after
     the restoration last fall and that return spring on the linkaage may need
     replacing.

      I am close to saying it is related to how hot it out but I am not sure
yet.

   ideas???

Second<

     I get a lot of heat from between the seats.  a lot of heat.  the exhaust
     run down the center, but can not figure why so much heat being transfered
uP
     I have yet to go under and have a look but the bookd do not show anything.
     any ideas and what I could put between the exhaust and the bottom of the
car
     to insulate from the heat.

     it was not a hot day today and if it was we would have been really
     uncomfortable.

ideas????

Gary Oehrle
oehrle@lsil.com