TR3A BRK CYL SLOTS

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3A BRK CYL SLOTS
From: "Moody, Mark" <MOODY@burke.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 13:34 -0500
I am midway replacing the rear Breakcylinders with 3/4 inch MOSS parts.
 Problem#1......... The new cylinders do not have slots.  They look like
they should work and the slots are just an extra measure of
safety.......though I suppose an overly aggressive Emergency barke pull
might make the shoes hang up on the older Slotted ones.  What do you think,
 Do I go ahead or wait till Monday and see if they sent the wrong parts.
 Problem #2...If I go ahead, is there any slick wisdom on putting on the
retaining clips and springs or is it just grunt effort.  Also, the rubber
seal does not seem to fit under the retaining clips very well.  Is that a
waste of time? Thanks
59 TR3A in Boulder CO.