[Fwd: HELP! - towing probs]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fwd: HELP! - towing probs]
From: Shawn Mann <shawmon@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 21:54:18 -0400
Cc: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net

--------------689C175E2B66

this didn't seem to go through the first time, so here we go again :-)

--------------689C175E2B66

Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 12:49:54 -0400
From: Shawn Mann <shawmon@worldnet.att.net>
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
CC: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: HELP! - towing probs

Hello all,

I spend most of my time in the lurk around here, but I've just run into
a problem that I need to find a solution to ASAP.  I'm moving from
Miami, Florida to Los Angeles in less than two weeks.  I had been
planning to drive my 79 Spitfire on the cross-country trip, but progress
towards it being a trustworthy daily driver has been slower than
expected (surprise!), and so I find that I need to tow it with my other
car (which I had planned to sell).  Now I seem to remember list members
mentioning that they had used one of their Triumphs to tow another,
concours car to meets.  Am I remembering correctly?  I'll be towing with
a 89 Honda CRX Si, a small car, but powerful.  Can the CRX tow the Spit
cross country?  The local moving rental places insist that it can't, but
that seems to me to be liability-related more than anything else.  If I
do tow, what is the best way (I'm pretty sure the CRX can't handle the
additional weight of a trailer)?  Tow bar?  Where would be the best
place to locate one that will work on the Spit?  If I don't find a
solution quick, I don't know what I'll do.  The only other option would
be to sell the Spit pronto.

Anyone with any info on the towing conundrum (or interest in the Spit),
email me directly at:

shawmon@worldnet.att.net

Thanks in advance,

Shawn Mann