Auto cross Conversion

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (triumphs)
Subject: Auto cross Conversion
From: muntsb@HiWAAY.net (Bill Munts)
Date: Thu, 08 May 97 13:03:26 GMT
I posted something like this yesterday, but I haven't seen it on the list so I
must assume I messed up and it was never sent.  If it did make it forgive the
repeat.

I have decided that the time has come to try my hand at Auto X.  I used to fill
my need for racing by being a corner worker in SCCA, job move has made that
nearly impossible now.  After four years of not being involved in racing it is
now high time to get back in it :-).

I am looking for advice from the auto crossers on the list on how to prepare my
car.  The car is a 1970 MK3 Spitfire.  Stock except for S.U. HS2's, 4 into 1
Header and MONZA exhaust, Urethane bushing in front, Crane ignition and Lucas
sport coil, engine is bored .040" over.  I want to ease into this, making
improvements as I learn, but what are the basic things I should do?  Are roll
bars/cages, harnesses, or helmets required.

TIA

Bill M.
'70 MK3 Spitfire
Huntsville, AL