I knew I didn't want to start this...

To: "Triumph Guys" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: I knew I didn't want to start this...
From: "Nick" <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 18:01:21 -0700
Fellow Knucle-Busters-

The question of TR brakes rages on...

I think this is a case of "everybody's" right. Everybody who responded with
hydraulic/leverage theory, seems to be right on. However (boy here we go
again), the question refers to a specific car and two specific hydraulic
cylinders, both of which we know are capable of locking up the rear brakes.
Given these specifics, I will stand by my statement that the smaller
cylinders will lock the rear brakes sooner than the larger size cylinders
on this car.

If you want to confuse things even further, I'll also say that I remember
that there was a .70" cylinder fitted to some TR3's. (Wire wheel models as
I recall, why...?????)

The Car Curmudgeon
   Nick in Nor Cal