TR-3A - Position of rubber rear axle buffer?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-3A - Position of rubber rear axle buffer?
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@sj.znet.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 18:53:50 -0700 (PDT)
        Recently, I had the rubber rear axle buffers replaced on my late
model TR-3A.  Their position is now just inboard of the U-shaped check
straps that go over the axle.
       However, it would seem better for the buffer to be placed just
*under* the strap, so it would bump into the strap rather than the floor of
the body when the car bottoms out.
       Can anyone tell me where the buffer was originally placed?
Thanks.
       John

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus articles, article outlines and Left/Progressive links at:
           http://sj.znet.com/~jfcowan/