Moisture Filter

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Moisture Filter
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 16:21:15 -0500
LBC-related content...

Just upgraded to a significantly larger air compressor, so I could
actually operate my tools while cutting on the Spitfire without taking a
break every 5 minutes for the unit to catch up.  I previously had my
moisture filter connected right at the regulator outlet (I usually run a
fairly short length (15')of hose to my tool), but cannot do so on my new
compressor due to lack of clearance at the tank.  I will need to "pipe"
off of the regulator about 12" to clear tank and mount the trap. What is
the appropriate piping material to utilize for this purpose? (For info
only, it's a std. 1/4" hose connection with 3/8 NPT; the compressor is
6 hp, with a max. output at 130psi.)

Any help appreciated.

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6 (driver)
1970 Spitfire Mk.3 (under the knife right now)