Cleaning Redlines

To: Joe Merone <jmerone@vtetv.org>
Subject: Cleaning Redlines
From: Chad Jester <triumph@uriel.net>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 22:15:20 +0900
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe Merone wrote:

> Sholtes IV,joeiv@concentric.net,Mail writes:
> >
> >  Is this true?  Has this actually happened to anyone on the list, or is it
> >speculation?
>
> Joe IV,
>
> I've got a friend with a nice '68 XKE that has to get rubbed with paint
>thinner
> whenever he goes to a show to get any resemblence of red stripe to show.  The
> rest of the year he just lets it go out of frustration.

Having missed the first part of the thread, I'm guessing this has
something to do with cleaning the red stripe on redline tires:

What works GREAT for me is Westley's Tire White, sold at KMart, Wal
Mart, and other auto supply stores.  It is cheap and effective when used
with a stiff plastic bristle brush.  One caution....... It WILL discolor
your original aluminum trim rings INSTANTLY!  I had one hanging on my
garage wall as a reminder.  You also
shouldn't leave it on AL wheels very long....can cause problems.

Regards,

Chad Jester