Re: Seatbelts

To: Wayne Tallack <tallack@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Seatbelts
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 07:33:13 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Wayne Tallack wrote:

> I know that the subject of seatbelts has been covered a lot but I was
> wondering if anyone has replaced the stock seatbelts with something like
> like 4 point belts?
>
> If so, how were they to install?  (Dis)advantages?

        I use a racing belt in my TR4 with a 4 point harness when I
        autocross. I wouldn't recommend this set-up for daily driving
        though. At least not without a good rollbar. The lower belt is
        attached to the usual points for our TRs, The shoulder harness
        is attached to an eye-bolt on the deck behind the seat (where my
        daughters used to sit when they were younger). The shoulder harness
        is removable (when I'm not autocrossing) and is connected to the
        eye-bolt by a screw link (?) (it looks like a link of chain with
        one side that has a threaded opening). The harness passes through
        a horizontal brace on a custom rollbar as per SCCA recommendations.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois