Re: Spitfire Wheels

To: dsimpson@ds2.ncweb.com (david r simpson)
Subject: Re: Spitfire Wheels
From: Herb Hargraves <hargrave@somtel.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:32:52 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 06:34 PM 4/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>    Just send my 76 Spitfire to the body shop for new paint. I am
>contemplating getting some new wheels.  Any thoughts/comments
>on going to wire or alloy and should I just stay with the stock steel
>wheels?  I do not drive particularly hard but do injoy good handling.
>Thanks Dave Simpson

Dave
I got a 77 Spitfire and my wife bought 8 spoke alloy wheels for me this
spring from vicky brit we also added white raised letter tires and it really
classes the spit up. The nice thing about alloy wheels is you don't have to
worry about the splines on the spoke wheels or the spoke getting loose.

Herb Hargraves
Cannan ME
77 Spitfire