how do you fit pontoons to a TR6

To: "'Triumphs Digest'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: how do you fit pontoons to a TR6
From: "LANOWAY, BRIAN" <Brian_Lanoway@Standardaero.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 10:30:18 -0500
Hi list:

After a long, long, long winter (made even longer by those of you on
the list who were already enjoying your cars), I finally got the TR6
out of storage this past weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the hour long
drive back to the city - albeit with some trepidation.  It wasn't the
car: it ran just great after sitting still for 6 months; throttle
response was a bit off - probably due to dry dashpots, and the chassis
felt like it could use a good lube, but overall the car just hummed at
a continuous 110 kph.

The problem was that I was heading back to Winnipeg and for those of
you who haven't been watching CNN,  we're on the verge of a 500 year
record flood and my house/garage is only half a block away from the
raging Red River which just devastated Grand Forks, ND.  It's tough to
think about LBC tune-up chores when your neighborhood is sandbagging
and erecting clay dikes around the clock.  It's also a bit of a shock
to be in a situation where your LBC is the last thing on your mind
after looking forward to driving it all winter.

So, say a prayer for me, Terrick and the 650,000 other souls up here
in Winnipeg... and just hope that I don't come back to the list to
inquire about fitting pontoons!

Brian Lanoway (getting ready to move everything out of the basement)
Winnipeg, Canada
73 TR6 CF 6985U