RE: tonneau cover<Pine.OSF.3.90.970428110823.11015B-100000@thunder>

To: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Subject: RE: tonneau cover<Pine.OSF.3.90.970428110823.11015B-100000@thunder>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 09:11:30 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: "S. Ristroph" <ristroph@csra.net>, "'Kinderlehrer's'" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>On Sun, 27 Apr 1997, S. Ristroph wrote:

>> I have the same problem.  The passenger side wants to push up.

>On the drivers side put the tonneau popper that is the rearmost on the
>door onto the stud that isn't used on the tonneau (on the little shiny
>B-pillar cap) and try and keep the zip as closed as possible. For the
>studs on the dash top why try some rubber washers or stretching a rubber
>band over the passenger side ones to stop the tonneau lifting off.

Or

Get an industrial staple gun, some epoxy resin and a ........... :-)

Only kidding, on the odd ocassion that I use my tonneau(Last time was in the
pouring rain with the soft top hating girlfriend tucked under the tonneau) I
usually pop it on, then tilt the seat forward a bit to apply pressure to it
so it don't come off 'quite' so easily.  BTW, I have a non-headrest tonneau but
headrests on my seats, I personnally think the ones with the 'bag' bits for the
headrests look w*nk!

The most use it gets is at work(a college) to stop grubby students gobbing in
it, does this include you Johnny?? :-)

Rich