Re: Door Trim/Seal

To: "Barry H. Adams" <badams@cyberport.com>
Subject: Re: Door Trim/Seal
From: Rick deOlazarra <cattail@slip.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:35:55 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Barry H. Adams wrote:

> I'm about to complete the interior restoration on my 74 Spitfire.  One of
> the few things remaining to be done is to renew the door trim/seals (I'm
> referring to the long trim/seal that is applied to the door opening).  The
> old seals were of the "furflex" type and that's what I'm using to replace
> them with (I got them from VB page 61).  However, the new trim/seals are
> somewhat dissimilar to the old ones.  That is, the grove on the seal that
> fits over the flange of the door opening appears to be quite shallow
> compared to the old trim/seal
>
> Has anyone recently installed these on their car?  If so, any advice or
> suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Barry H. Adams
> 74 Spitfire

   I installed these seals years ago on my '74 Spit, and they're still
holding up very well.  I bought them from TRF, and they weren't cheap,
but they're very well made and they fit perfectly.  I still have an odd
foot or two of the seal left, and I measured the depth of the "jaws" on
the seal that grab hold of the door flange and found it to be 3/4 inch.

Rick '74 Spitfire